Friday, June 13, 2008

So I surfed some blogs the other day while at work. Yeah, that is right. I tend to only use my computer at work. After work, it is time for the outside. Time for the sunshine. Smiley time. Whatever time. Time for all the good things in life of which because I am on the computer for 8 hours of work; computers have no part. As such I do all my intense banking, reading of personal emails, virtual-social networking, idiot video viewing and so on and so on at work. This is of course alongside that amazing amount of work which I manhandle during a day (Shout out to my boss, Ryan Allen).
Back to point. I was surfing the bloggy-blogs and I realized something. Most blogs were of people’s children, really boring vacations, long view points on recipes, longer view points where the author tries to convince the reader (who I am sure they assume are their bosom buddies of yesteryear) of how much more spectacular their 3.14 children are then anyone else’s.
It almost drove me back to task and work. Instead I fought the blogosphere boredom with some sweet original Nintendo emulation (Super Mario 3).

Having had time to think about this experience now, I would like to raise a glass and pour out some Patron for all of the courageous bolg-stars out there who realize that blogging is for fun. Postings are to try and make others laugh and to escape things: Like working/slaving for the devilish man! I understand that the blog you are currently reading does not do a very good job at this. But hurray for those out there that do. I salute thee.

To those of the family blog type; I did not mean to offend. I am sure once I obtain a wife, that I or she will bombard you with pictures of how fricking fantastic our progeny are, but until then maybe by visiting arichlittletreat every now and again you will find some thing to make you smile. If not, hit up the friend’s links on the right side, some of those authors will be bound to please the Punch out of you!

3 comments:

Emily P said...

But my kids are cuter than yours. -Emily
ps I saw your parents golfing

bgprincess said...

Meine Güte!
you kill me sometimes. the pix of your progeny scared me however.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hope you're having a fantastic day!
~ ter

jessicalangprice said...

Hey, I'm one of those mommy bloggers...but I know, it gets boring. It's more of a journal I guess. I often have this debate about what to post - more for an audience or more for future generations?? It's blogs like yours that keep me journaling - yours is funny enough for the rest of us!