Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Good Idea/ Bad Idea



In life there are some good ideas and some bad ideas. Sometimes however, it depends on how you view these ideas.

Idea 1
Deciding to climb Mt Timpanogos during dinner with some friends at 9:30 on a Friday night. Personally having already ran 5 miles that day and played some tennis. Decided start time: 4:15 AM
Amount of sleep: none
Distance to be hiked: about 20 miles

Idea 2
Bringing a city kid from shy-town and a black kid from North Long Beach on the climb. Neither of whom have ever hiked in their lives, and one having a fear of heights and a recent knee surgery. Additionally, in the words of the young man from the LBC at about mile 9 on the hike... "man, black people don't climb mountains".



Idea 3
Deciding to jump/slide into a 32 degree glacier lake. nough said.

Idea 4
Running the last 8 miles of the hike in 95 degrees.

Yup, well I guess there are only good ideas on this post. Good Ideas!

3 comments:

yeadave said...

my hat's off to ya my friend. Way to use that noggin of yours. Looks like fun levels are at an all time high...while they remain a sad and lonely low in my neck of the woods. Oh my sore neck...of the woods.

Natalie said...

We are officially friends again.

And I am not sad I missed this hike. Skiing was much more fun.

jessicalangprice said...

You guys are crazy. Nough said.